What is the Shandur Polo Festival 2021?
Shandur Polo Festival is an amazing and thrilling festival celebrated by the people of Chitral and Gilgit-Baltistan in the northern areas of Pakistan. Shandur Polo festival takes place every summer in the month of July where different polo teams from various regions of Chitral and Gilgit-Baltistan meet at the Shandur plains every summer for the play. The Shandur Pass is a beautiful piece of land where different teams play wild free-style polo. Shandur polo ground is considered to be the highest polo ground in the world at 3,700+ meters. The festival also includes Folk music, dancing, and a camping village is set up. The polo ground is adjacent to Shandur lake. The festival provides an amazing cultural experience in the Hindukush mountain ranges.
Be part of the next adventurous Shandur Polo festival 2021 with GB Rovers.
- Enjoy freestyle polo match at Shandur Polo Festival 2021
- Get a cultural insight into the diverse culture of northern areas
- Explore indigenous music of the mountains
- Enjoy Pakistani cuisine
- know about old stories from the local community
- view of majestic peaks including Tirich Mir (7,708m) in the Hindukush Range and Nanga Parbat (8,126m)in the Himalaya range
- Rivers (Kunar, Indus, Gilgit, Chitral)
- Passes (Malakand pass, Lowari Pass, Lowari Tunnel, Shandur Pass)
- Explore Valleys (Chitral, Ghizar, Upper Hunza, Lower Hunza, Nagar, Gilgit)
- Mighty Lakes including Shandur, Phandar, Khalti, and Lulusar
- Forts (Altit fort, Baltit fort)
- Sightseeing in Islamabad & Rawalpindi
- Make new friends
Note: GB Rovers is well-aware of ongoing Covid concerns and is strictly obeying the latest travel SOPs for the safety of our guests while traveling to Shandur Polo festival 2021
- Face masks
- social distancing protocols